Post-conference workshop day
9:00 am - 12:00 pm Workshop A: Future Braking technology to support Autonomous driving: redundancy concept for ADAS L3 / L4 / L5Borhen Felah, System Leader - Decoupled Braking,Jaguar Land Rover
Autonomous driving is generating plenty of interest and most of key stakeholders foresee a strong long-term potential. However, the extent of diffusion will depend on overcoming a wide range barriers (technology, cost) mainly for a safety critical system as Brake. The main challenge is the need of common approach between OEM and suppliers in order to develop a cost efficient and standard system architecture.
- Legal and safety requirements driving redundancy on brake system
- Evolution of software in the car and future of standardized software interface
- Strategies for efficient development between OEM and suppliers
Borhen FelahSystem Leader - Decoupled Braking
Jaguar Land Rover
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm What to do about brake dustDr.-Ing. Dr. Ralf Leiter, Director ABS/ESP/EPB,Mando Corporation Europe GmbH
- Brake dust volume from pad and disc and tire
- Content of the brake dust
- Copper free
- Fibers are dangerous? Short fibers are more dangerous?
- Dust collection - how?
- Dust avoidance
- Experience with retardation in trucks and bus
- Electrification and recuperation
- Requirements for abrasive Pad material
Dr.-Ing. Dr. Ralf LeiterDirector ABS/ESP/EPB
Mando Corporation Europe GmbH